Cryptosteel Cassette Solo - Mnemonic Seed Backup BIP39
The Cryptosteel Cassette is the product that started it all and established the market for offline metal wallets.
The Cassette is a pocket-sized stainless steel unit designed to securely store the alphanumeric data of your choosing with no need for specialised tools or third-party involvement. Each device comes with its own kit of stainless steel tiles engraved on each side.
Codes and passwords are assembled manually from the supplied part-random set of characters. You can store up to 96 characters worth of confidential information quickly, guaranteeing the safety and privacy of your data. Once a desired sequence is locked into your Cassette, it essentially gains the status of offline permanence, featuring resistance to physical damage, including fire, flooding, corrosive conditions, electric shock and impact from accidents.
Optimised for Recovery Seed Phrases
Your 12-24 recovery seed phrase is based on Bitcoin Improvement Proposal 39, known as BIP39, which allows the use of a language-based mnemonic phrase to serve as your backup in the event your wallet gets lost or becomes unusable.
The words are selected from a specific list of 2,048 common English words. While not all of the words have exactly four letters, each was selected in such a way that the first four characters unambiguously identify each word. This goes for the occasional three-letter word, too, in which the fourth character is blank. So if you have four tiles, you have your word.
Cryptosteel Mnemonic can hold up to 96 characters, which is exactly what you need to store a 24-word list in the BIP39 protocol. Each Mnemonic tile kit contains an optimised character count and spread for maximum functionality and ease of use. The kits are part-randomised for an extra layer of security.
ENTERING YOUR DATA INTO THE CRYPTOSTEEL CASSETTE
1. Open the cassette Fan out the hinged front and back panels.
2. Unlock the unit Turn the screw counterclockwise to a horizontal position.
3. Release the lever Use a tile or small tool to press on the lever inside the long slot.
4. Open the frame Keep the lever pressed as you open the frame.
5. Enter your characters Insert your sensitive information, making sure all of the rows are fully loaded. If you are storing a recovery seed phrase, use only the first four characters. If a word has just three characters, use a blank tile to fill the space. Set the character tiles on a flat surface before inserting them into the slots. Use both panels..
6. Close the cassette Shut the frame and twist the screw clockwise into a vertical position.
The classic design that established the offline metal backup market provides a lightweight and portable solution while being incredibly durable and secure.
No third-party involvement is ever required and gives the user the power to protect their information.
Cassette dimensions: 106 x 60 x 6mm
Cassette and tiles made of AISI 304
Tiles consist of all capital letters from the Latin alphabet (From A-Z)