This article is meant for first time bitcoin miners. Here at Bitcoin Merch™ we want to make the process for first time miners as easy and simple as possible.
For first time miners we recommend these options -
A) Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander
A) Bitcoin Merch™ Mars Lander
The Bitcoin Merch ™ - Mars Lander is the easiest and most effortless miner to start with! Below you can find step by step instructions on how to mine with the Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander along with a video tutorial.
Set-Up Instructions for Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander
- open Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander box
- take out micro SD card from Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander and put the micro SD in USB reader
- plug-in USB reader to computer
- find and change the wifi setting found in the wpa_supplicant.conf file
- find and change the bitcoin payout address found in the cgminer.conf file
- return micro SD card to the Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander
- plug-in power supply
- enjoy your new Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander while its mining bitcoin!!
Pros and Cons of Bitcoin Merch™ - Mars Lander
|Simpler to use than GekkoScience Compac F
|All-included, does not require multiple parts to work
|Looks amazing!! Has cool LED RGB lights with a remote control
B) GekkoScience Compac F Kit
The GekkoScience Compac F Kit is a bitcoin miner that can be upgraded later on! Below you can find step by step instructions on how to mine with the GekkoScience Compac F Kit along with a video tutorial.
Set-Up Instructions for GekkoScience Compac F Kit
- attach fans on GekkoScience USB miners
- put USB miners with fan attached into USB hub
- plug-in USB to power
- plug-in USB hub to Raspberry Pi
- plug-in Raspberry Pi to 7" Monitor with HDMI or use your own monitor
- follow instructions in Raspberry Pi - Read Me file
- enjoy your new GekkoScience Kit while its mining bitcoin!!
Pros and Cons of GekkoScience Compac F
|Upgradable / expandable
|Requires more steps to set-up
|More components needed to work